Attorney at Law Since 1986
Gary C. Nelson
Born in Modesto, California in 1958. Attended Modesto Junior College, graduating from the University of California, Stanislaus in 1982 with a B.A in Sociology. Gratuated with a J.D. degree (with distinction) from McGeorge School of Law in Sacramento in 1985. Awarded scholastic honors of the Traynor Society and the Order of the Coif. Licensed to practice in 1986. Practiced with Strauss, Neibauer, Anderson & Hollenback from March 1986 to December 1989 Moorad, Clark & Gleason from December 1989 to February 1992, and became a partner at Jones, Cochrane, Hollenback, Nelson Zumwalt from February 1992 until it's dissolution on May 31, 2001. Now in solo practice since June, 1, 2007.
Currently Gary is a board member of the Executive Committee of the Workers' Compensation Division of the California State Bar. He was voted Attorney of the Year for Workers' Compensation by the State Bar in 2006.
Current affiliations include the Stanislaus County Make-A-Wish Foundation. He and his wife Sharilyn were voted Wishmakers of the Year in 2005 by the Foundation. They are both deeply committed to various charitable causes in the Stanislaus County Area.
Areas of Practice
- • 60% Workers' Compensation
- • 30% Personal Injury
- • 10% Social Security Disability
- • 40% of Practice Devoted to Litigation
- • California, 1986
- • U.S. District Court, 1986
- • U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1986
- • McGeorge School of Law, University of the Pacific, Sacramento, California, 1985
Honors: With Distinction
Honors: Order of the Coif
Honors: Traynor Society
- • University of California, Stanislaus, Turlock, California, USA, 1982
Honors and Awards
- • Attorney of the Year, California State Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Executive Committee, 2006 - 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- • California State Bar Executive Committee, 2006 - Present
Past Employment Positions
- • Stanislaus County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tem, 1994 - 1995
- • November 15, 1958, Modesto, California, United States of America.
Info Coming Soon...